Get Help

Foodbank vouchers

Our foodbank works using a voucher referral system. Find out more about how we work.

We know that anyone can find themselves in challenging circumstances for a number of different reasons.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address problems which may be causing you concern or have led to a challenging situation. 

Our foodbank works with a number of different agencies, such as Citizens Advice, housing support officers, schools, children’s centres, health visitors, social services and some local charities.

If you need help please call for free to talk confidentially to a trained Citizens Advice adviser on 0808 208 2138 (open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, closed on public holidays). Alternatively, please call Citizens Advice on 03 444 111 444, or our partner advice helpline on 0300 365 7700 (10am-3pm Monday-Wednesday and Friday). To find out more about the agencies that hold our vouchers and how you can get help, please contact us.

When you visit a referral agency they will take some basic details from you to complete the voucher. This will help them to identify the cause of your circumstances and offer practical guidance. It also means we are able to prepare suitable food packages for the right number of people.

Once you have been issued with a voucher, you can exchange this for a minimum of three days of emergency food at any Foodbank Distribution Point.

If you are a referral agency and would like to become a registered voucher holder for our foodbank, please contact us to find out more.

Back to Get Help